Do you love film and music? Do you want to learn about the behind the scenes of a festival? Join our team!
The Washington Jewish Film Festival (WJFF) brings together over 18,000 people to watch new and award-winning films that explore the great diversity of the Jewish experience. These films from around the world bring to life stories, subjects and ideas that open our minds and change our perspectives. In addition, the WJFF Year-Round Program is an arm of the WJFF exhibiting entertaining and thought-provoking features, documentaries and shorts from around the world every week at the Aaron & Cecile Goldman Theater. Most screenings are accompanied by thought provoking speakers including filmmakers and scholars who stimulate discussions or give dynamic live performances.
The Film department at the Edlavitch DCJCC is currently seeking 2 highly motivated individuals to join our team as an Operations Intern & Marketing Intern, at least 2 days (15 hours) per week. Internships are arranged based on the person’s availability – we do our best to work with your schedule. Interns will learn about nonprofit arts programming by assisting in multiple aspects of the year-round and festival programs including, but not limited to, marketing and community outreach, film proofing and print tracking, research, and special events. Spring interns have the unique opportunity to take part in a critical planning phase for the 28th Washington Jewish Film Festival, May 2-13, 2017. They will see what it means to be a valued part of the continued success of the year-round programs and will play an essential role in the execution of the Festival.
Operations Intern Tasks Include:
- Track and coordinate Film Festival materials (filmmaker bios, headshots, etc)
- Work with the Operations Manager to track, receive, and distribute Festival films to venues
- Assist with ensuring all content is scheduled for and passes technical checks
- Research and enter into Zone Festival (database) films in consideration for 2017 Film festival
- Assist with planning special events including Opening, Closing and Centerpiece evenings
Marketing Intern Tasks Include:
- Brainstorm, research and contact new community partners
- Coordinate and analyze social media alongside the Communications Manager
- Assist with coordinating Press Accreditations
- Work with Communications Manager to distribute print programs to partners and local organizations
- Prepare and analyze audience surveys
- Assist with the creation of marketing materials, including flyers, press lists, e-newsletters
Both interns will also:
- Provide administrative support for daily office tasks
- Collaborate with the WJFF team to create innovative programs and reach new audiences
Contact KaitlinW@edcjcc.org with resume, short cover letter and availability. No phone calls, please. This is an unpaid position, school credit may be arranged.